Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Laughter and Joy Through the Tears

And boy howdy did I pray!  I prayed like never before, turned into a virtual powerhouse of prayer overnight.  I wanted him to be older, fiftyish.  Why?  Because I wanted to be this man's world, the center of his universe.  And of course, his children must all be grown and out of the house for that to happen.  He needed to be well established, not rich, but slightly wealthy.......to support my ROSS and shoe habit of course.  I made a bargain with God, (I don't suggest it) telling Him that I would do thus and so if He, in turn, would point me in the direction of A MAN!

It's amazing how many desperate men there are out there.  I talked to a couple of men online who started talking matrimony before I could even memorize their email addresses.......strange.  I prayed harder.  "God, there are so many weird men out there, please show me the one that you want me to have!"  By the next day I believed that God had given me an answer.

An old friend from another state texted me out of the blue and asked me if I would be interested in going to their Valentines Banquet with a fellow from their church.  This was my answer from God!  I just knew it!  "Yes" I said, "I would love to meet him of course before we go out on a date." (no duh)  So, I began to text back and forth with this man, who met all of the above criteria I might add.  We eventually progressed from texts to phone calls.  I was sucked in by his charm and when he told me that he loved me after only a week of talking on the phone, I bought it hook, line and sinker.  Dumb........I know.  What is wrong with men?

After a couple of weeks of telephone conversations we began to plan to meet one another.  It seemed the right thing to do since he was already declaring his love for me and talking marriage, the next obvious step seemed to be to actually meet.  I kept my plans private.  Some may not understand how I could be so hasty.....they obviously did not know that this was an answer from God.  Right.

I picked him up from the airport and that was it.  I was smitten by his good looks and southern charm.  He was attentive to me, seemingly in tune with my every thought.  He made me feel beautiful, special, important.  We spent the next day in Monterey and Carmel.  While in Carmel, we walked out onto an observation deck to enjoy the incredible view of the cresting waves.  As we stood there I noticed movement.  All at once I turned to find him on one knee, reaching for my hand!  And there, on his knee, with a group of about thirty Asian men snapping pictures with their cameras and eavesdropping, he told me that he loved me and asked me to marry him!!

What?  This wasn't happening!  My mind raced, I was terrified!  In the back of my mind a voice yelled "NO! NO!  Something is not right here."  But my mind was yelling WAY louder, "YES! YES!  He's hot!"  I hesitated somehow knowing deep down that this was insanity.  If he had been holding out a humongous diamond ring in my direction my hesitation would have been a lot briefer, but, seeing as how there was no ring, I hesitated for all of a few seconds, and then, I heard coming out of my mouth as if of it's own  volition, the word........"yes."  WHAT??



No comments:

Post a Comment